OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I. Your TOUR
Once you begin your tour with us, you are deemed to have accepted all of the terms and conditions outlined in this policy document.
It is the responsibility of you, the customer, to check the accuracy of dates booked upon receipt of your booking confirmation email.
2. Insurance & Liability
There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of your ticket.
We unfortunately can't take any responsibility for any injuries or loss to you incurred whilst you are taking part in our tours or treks. Liability in respect of the use of props (blunt swords etc) is restricted to photo activities and will not involve any re-enactment scenes. We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before you travel.
We accept no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to personal belongings at any time during your tour.
3. Postponement, Cancellation and Refunds Policy
1) Postponement or cancellation of your booking is done via email to booking@cityandcauseway - labelled 'Postponement' or 'Cancellation'
2) You are entitled to a full refund if you give us notification, via email, of your wish to cancel your tickets up to 24 hours before your tour begins.
3) Cancellation with a full refund is only possible up to 24 hours before the confirmed pickup time of your tour. After this point, in accepting this policy document, you accept that you are not entitled to a refund under any circumstances whatsoever.
4) You can choose to change your tour departure to another date (subject to availability) if you notified us via email or phone up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. Postponement to specific dates is, of course, subject to the availability of places on your preferred date.
5) If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
6) If you are late or fail to meet our car at the pickup time or if you miss our pickup entirely because you are a no-show, you will be fully charged for the tickets that you purchased, as you have not given us at least 24 hours notice of your cancellation.
4. Changes by us
1) We reserve the discretionary right to change our standard itineraries at any time. As professionals we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable value.
2) We reserve the right to alter our itinerary in the event of happenings outside the control of City and Causeway. This includes exceptionally dangerous weather conditions, outbreaks of contagious diseases, revolution, national or local strikes, political protests, social disorder or disruptive political unrest.
3) We are constantly striving to make our tours even more brilliant than they already are. Should new locations or other attractions become open to us, and if we feel that these attractions will enhance your experience in keeping with the theme, then we reserve the right to include these in your best interests.
4) We reserve the right to decrease the price of our tours at any time.
5) We reserve the right to print and distribute amended brochures in the public domain at any time.
1) Whilst travelling with us, you must obey the laws of the Republic of Ireland, the UK and the EU. Furthermore, we would ask you to show respect to the different traditions that exist in Northern Ireland, and also foreign exchange restrictions. If you do not, or will not do so, you may be asked to surrender your ticket, which may be cancelled without any refund.
2) Your driver / guide may need to make a spontaneous decision in the interests of your safety. It is a condition of booking that you comply with the authority and decisions of our tourist guide in all matters of customer safety. If you do not comply with the requests of our drive / guide, or if your behaviour is not compatible with the general enjoyment, well being and safety of your fellow passengers and our driver, we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to continue the tour. In such a case, we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. Conversely, we cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your tour, nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
6. Your Obligations and Responsibilities
1) It is your responsibility to inform us in writing of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences.
2) It is your responsibility to inform us of any specific dietary requirements or allergy you may have.
2) It is your responsibility to have all the necessary visas, passports, permits, certificates and changed currency required for your itinerary. Remember, the currency of the Republic of Ireland is the EUR (euro), whereas the currency of Northern Ireland is GBP (pound sterling). However, if you have a payment card (VISA, Mastercard, etc) you can use this to pay for lunch, without need of cash.
3) During your tour, your tourist guide, with your consent, may take photographs and films of you (as part of the group) and these may be posted on our website, social media and/or brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
In the highly unlikely event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against City and Causeway, please inform our driver that you intend to make a formal complaint. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately, or during your trip, despite our best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made in writing to City and Causeway Tours at firstname.lastname@example.org - complaint as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday, but within 30 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. We wont consider any claims after the elapsing of this 30-day notice period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
8. Weather Conditions
Under no circumstances do we accept responsibility for weather conditions. If you wish to postpone or cancel your tour due to the weather forecast, you must give us at least 24 hours notice. We accept no responsibility for weather conditions that may affect the delivery and implementation of our itinerary.
9. No Smoking Policy
We do not permit smoking in any of our cars. We will make stops if requested or appropriate.
We take great care with personal information that is provided to us online ensuring it is used only for stated purposes. We do not pass either your email address or personal details on to any third party.
1) We have taken all reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information presented on this website, however it does not make any warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information within or accessible through the site. City and Causeway reserves the right at any time to revise, amend, alter or delete the information provided on this website.
2) These terms and conditions contain the entire contract between you and City and Causeway Tours. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorized officer of City and Causeway Tours.
3) This contract, and all matters arising out of it, is governed by the laws of the UK and Ireland. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter, which arises out of, or in connection with, this contract, or your tour, will, if need be, be dealt with by the courts of the UK or Ireland. Changes to these booking conditions will only be valid if agreed by City and Causeway Tours in writing.
4) Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our brochures and other printed material at time of going to print, however we cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
City and Causeway Tours value your opinions. If you have comments, suggestions, questions about our terms and conditions or simply want to leave us private feedback, please email us at - comments